Lucrecer Braxton has a wonderful podcast called, Hello Friend. Each episode features a conversation with an awesome person. That sounds good, right? On the latest episode, she interviewed my friend, John Michael Morgan.
John is a best-selling author and business coach. I don't get to see him enough, but when I do, I always leave inspired and filled with ideas for my businesses. The conversation between Lucrecer and John left me excited to share some of his wisdom with you here.
10 Thoughts About Self-Image, Self-Worth, and Self-Doubt
I love John's thoughts about self-image, self-worth, and self-doubt. The following are 10 points I took away from the interview. Consider these for your own life.
- Have a “Why not me?” attitude.
- You’re never going to outperform your self-image.
- If you’re not spending as much time working on your self-image as you are your business, family, and job, you’re doing yourself an injustice.
- Your fears can’t hurt you, but believing in them can.
- Ask yourself, “Who do I have to become?" Make a list of the beliefs and behaviors that person has.
- Write with the word “YOU”, not “I”. Use the story about you, but it has to be about your readers too.
- Too often we are chasing approval instead of results.
- The more you can create a theme around your content. The more people will come to it.
- Be careful who you are taking advice from. Consider what makes them an expert.
- Give people acknowledgment.
Listen to Lucrecer's full interview on the Hello Friend site or down below.